NHK taiga drama series Special exhibition “Awaiting Kirin”
Exhibition period: September 18 (Fri) – November 3 (Tue/Holiday), 2020
Akechi Mitsuhide is the main character in NHK taiga drama series “Awaiting Kirin” in 2020. He is one of the most famous busho (military commanders from the Sengoku Period), known as the traitor responsible for the death of his master Oda Nobunaga, who was killed in the “Honno-ji Incident” led by Akechi. However, much of his life is still unknown including his origins and his motive in starting the “Honno-ji Incident” that ended Oda’s reign. Despite his fame, his life is still wrapped in mystery. This exhibition focuses on the main character Akechi Mitsuhide: who he was and the era he lived in, showcasing some of the few remaining items and historical records related to him.
NHK taiga drama series Special exhibition “Awaiting Kirin”: Overview
|Event period||September 18 (Fri) – November 3 (Tue/Holiday), 2020
* Exhibited items shall partially change during the event period.
|Closed||October 12 (Mon) & 13 (Tue)|
|Hours of operation||
9:00 am–5:00 pm (Entry until 4:30 pm)
* The venue is open until 6:00 pm on Saturdays, September 20 (Sun) and 21 (Mon/Holiday) (Entry until 5:30 pm)
|Venue||Special exhibition room on the 1st floor of Gifu City Museum of History|
1,200 yen (1,000 yen) for high school and up; 600 yen (500 yen) for elementary/junior high school students
* Prices in parentheses are weekday reduced rates for those with reservations (for visitors on weekdays during the event period, except Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays)Common admission tickets for the Special exhibition and AWAITING KIRIN Gifu Taiga Drama Museum: 1,480 yen for high school and up; 740 yen for elementary/junior high school students
[Free admission for those below (this discount does not apply to the common admission tickets for the Special exhibition and AWAITING KIRIN Gifu Taiga Drama Museum). Please show the verification documents at the entrance.]
- Holders of physical disability certificate, mental disability certificate, rehabilitation certificate and one attendant
* All visitors are required to make reservations online.
Here are the types of tickets available for online reservations.
(1) Free tickets (holders of physical disability certificate, mental disability certificate, rehabilitation certificate and one attendant, those with invitation tickets, babies and children under school age)
(2) Tickets for elementary and junior high school students
(3) Tickets for high school and up (for everyone except those listed above)
* Payments can be made either online with credit cards or at convenience stores after making reservations.
* If you are eligible for free admission, just make a reservation without a payment process.
* Common tickets are nonrefundable, even if the holders are eligible for free admission as described in (1).
* Walk-up tickets are available on the day of your visit at the museum for the above prices (common tickets cannot be purchased on the day of your visit). Please note that we may limit the number of walk-up tickets to be purchased, and you may need to wait for a long time to purchase tickets, depending on the crowd congestion.
* A walk-up ticket discount is available for those who visit AWAITING KIRIN Gifu Taiga Drama Museum (the 2nd floor of Gifu City Museum of History). You can purchase walk-up tickets with a discount of 100 yen (50 yen for elementary/junior high school students) by showing us the stub of your ticket issued on the same day.
- In order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 infection, group tickets are currently not available. Please come in small groups.
- Visitors of this exhibition can also visit AWAITING KIRIN Gifu Taiga Drama Museum (the 2nd floor of Gifu City Museum of History) for the reduced group rate by showing the stubs of their tickets (tickets must be issued on the same day).
- Although no reservation is necessary to visit AWAITING KIRIN Gifu Taiga Drama Museum, we may limit the number of visitors depending on the crowd congestion.
|Organizer||AWAITING KIRIN Exhibition Gifu Executive Committee (Gifu City, Gifu Shimbun, Gifu Broadcasting System, Inc.), NHK Gifu Station, NHK Enterprises Chubu|
|Co-sponsored by||NISSHA, HOUSE Foods Group Inc., Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Company, Limited, ROHTO Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.)|
|Supported by||Gifu Prefecture, Gifu City Board of Education|
- See our flyers for the details of other related events.
- We appreciate all visitors understanding and cooperating with us to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 infection.