- Visitor information
By public transportation (train/bus)
From Nagoya Station
JR Nagoya Station —— JR Gifu Station The Tokaido Main Line (bound for Gifu/Ogaki), about 20 minutes by “Shin-Kaisoku” (New Rapid trains)
Meitetsu Nagoya Station —— Meitetsu Gifu Station The Meitetsu Nagoya Main Line (bound for Meitetsu Gifu Station), about 30 minutes by “Tokkyu” (Limited Express trains)
From JR Gifu Station or Meitetsu Gifu Station
Please take the Gifu Bus N system (via Nagara Bridge) *
JR Gifu —— Meitetsu Gifu —— Gifu Park / City Museum of History About 15 minutes
* JR Gifu Station Bus Terminal No.12 & 13, Meitetsu Gifu Station Bus Terminal No. 4
Click here for information on the bus terminals at JR Gifu Station and Meitetsu Gifu Station
⇒ Bus terminal information
3-5 minutes on foot from “Gifu Park / City Museum of History” on Gifu Bus.
About 15 minutes from JR Gifu Station or Meitetsu Gifu Station to Gifu Park
By car / charter bus
- About 20 minutes from Gifu Kakamigahara IC Exit on the Tokai Hokuriku Expressway
- About 40 minutes from Gifu Hashima IC Exit on the Meishin Expressway
- About 10-15 minutes on foot from Gifu Park Parking (Teigai Parking)
For access to Gifu City, please visit the website of Gifu Convention and Visitors Bureau.
Gifu Convention and Visitors Bureau Access to Gifu City
The museum does not have a private parking. Please use Gifu Park Parking or nearby parking.
Gifu Park Parking Hours of operation
|Name of Parking||Hours of operation||Parking Fee|
|Teigai Parking & Teigai Parking No.2
[For passenger vehicles only]
|8:30 am-9:00 pm
* Hours may be extended depending on the season.
* Vehicles cannot exit during hours closed.
|310 yen each time
(Free for the first hour)
[Dedicated parking for buses and people with disabilities]
|Bus: 1,040 yen
Passenger vehicle: 310 yen
* See below
|Kagamiiwa Ryokuchi (riverbed) Parking||Available all day
* Closed when the river water rises.
* About use of Omiya-cho Parking
○ Buses must be reserved in advance.
○ Parking fee is free if the driver or a passenger carries a physical disability certificate, rehabilitation certificate or mental disability certificate.
○ For details, please visit the homepage of Gifu City Hall Park Maintenance Division.