Planned exhibition “Back to the Retro Japan”
Exhibition period: December 17 (Fri), 2021 – March 6 (Sun), 2022
This year, just like last year, antique tools dating back 150 – 40 years are collected and exhibited. The space showcases recreated neighborhoods and houses in the past, where children spent their daily life. Scene displays are reproduced like movie sets. Visitors can not only have fun watching them, but also learn how things were used in everyday life back then. Also, the space “transitions and transformation of tools” displays similar present-day tools along with the old, showing how the tools have transitioned.
This is a kids-and-family-friendly exhibition and some of the tools may bring back memories for adult visitors.
|Event period||December 17 (Fri), 2021 – March 6 (Sun), 2022
* Event periods and contents are subject to change or may be cancelled due to the spread of COVID-19.
|Closed||Mondays (except January 10), December 28 (Tue) – January 2 (Sun), January 11 (Tue), and February 24 (Thu)
* Closed days are subject to change.
|Hours of operation||9:00 am–5:00 pm (Entry until 4:30 pm)|
|Venue||Special exhibition room on the 1st floor of Gifu City Museum of History|
310 yen (250 yen) for high school and up; 150 yen (90 yen) for elementary/junior high school students
* Discounted prices in parentheses are for groups of 20 or more.
* Free admission for those below. (ID/proof required)
(1) Gifu-City residents of age 70 or older
(2) Holders of physical disability certificate, mental disability certificate, rehabilitation certificate, or medical care recipient certificate for intractable diseases and one attendant
(3) Junior high school students and younger visitors, and accompanying family members (of high school students and older) on December 19 (Sun), January 16 (Sun), and February 20 (Sun)
(4) Elementary / Junior high school students in Gifu City
- We take measures to stop the spread of COVID-19. Depending on the crowd size, we may restrict the number of admissions. We would appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
“Nan-demo-ya (Jack of all trades)” Store
During the event period, “Nan-demo-ya” store opens on weekends and holidays. Please check out the retro toys that they sell.
* Admission fee is required.